milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Sunday 22 September 2013

Wrap & Roll

Angela initiates an impromptu dinner meet up on Wednesday but both Ivy & myself couldn't make it. Thus, Ivy initiates an impromptu dinner on Friday. As I was late due to the heavy human traffic at City Hall MRT platform, I told the girls to pick the venue for dinner. The girls decided to try this newly opened Vietnamese Restaurant - Wrap & Roll

Straight from Ho Chi Minh, Wrap & Roll is a contemporary casual dining restaurant serving variety of classic Vietnamese dishes. Established in 2006, Wrap & Roll has now 10 outlets and counting in Vietnam and Australia. Their popularity has been further affirmed by numerous awards like “Top 100 Vietnamese Restaurant 2012 in Vietnam” by Delicious Magazine and “Best Vietnamese restaurant chain 2010” by Vietnam Tourism Board.





The girls had already placed their order when I reach. Both of them being coffee addict, ordered the Vietnamese Drip Coffee while I had Lemon Soda


Angela's Bún thịt nướng chả giò $12.90 - Rice Noodles with Grilled Pork/ Chicken & Deep Fried Spring Rolls .


Ivy's Bún cá $14.90 - Vietnamese Fish Noodle Soup. She commented that she feels like she's eating Yong Tao Fu soup =D

I had the Beef Hotpot $19.90

Lemongrass Vinegar Broth. It may look spicy, but it's not. Refreshing due to the lemongrass, yet sour due to the vinegar. It is so nice I finish the whole pot of the broth! Those who love sour stuffs should go for this! 

Served with 5 slices of thick & big piece of beef!

Also comes with some vermicelli  raw vegetables & rice paper. The chilli is also nice, with hint of spicy & sour. But how to go about enjoying the hotpot? 

Cook the beef in the broth, assemble all the vegetables, vermicelli & the beef on the rice paper, roll it up like a spring roll & eat it!

I stupidly roll the ingredients on the rice paper without wetting the rice paper with the water provided cos I was busy taking picture & didn't hear the waiter when he was explaining. I even thought the water is for washing hands! Both Ivy & Angela had a good laugh when the waiter gave me the shock look when I ask him what the water is for after I finish my meal! No wonder I had a hard time rolling it! =D=D=D

We also ordered 2 side dishes for sharing

Bánh Xèo $15.90 - Crispy Crepe with Prawns, Pork, Beansprouts & Mushrooms. Taste quite like Oyster Omelette & it's quite oily at the bottom. Honestly, I quite regretted ordering this cos the amount of beansprouts in there is way too much!  


Cuốn diếp $7.90 - Mustard Lettuce Rolls with Prawns & Pork. The prawn & pork inside is quite sweet, probably due to the freshness. Sauce that comes with it is also quite nice, Not sure what it is, but it does taste like sesame sauce. I wouldn't mind ordering this dish again although I don't quite like the taste of the raw lettuce.

Staffs here are relatively new but were friendly & efficient. Thus, we'll definitely be back to try other items on the menu. As for now, we shall go find another venue for desserts!


Wrap & Roll
ION Orchard, 2 Orchard Turn 
#B3-19, Orchard, 238801 

No comments: