milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Hotdog Puffs

Was updating the food list for Christmas gathering on Facebook, than I suddenly thought of something that Hazel made quite sometime ago, so decided to try it out

Bought this puff pastry from Cold Storage

Not sure if I need to thaw, I went ahead to thaw for 5 mins. Turn out it's a bit too soft to handle

Hotdogs

Cheese *optional

Cut the pastry into strips & rolled onto the hotdoogs

placed 2 strips of cheese on top of it for the boys


Initially I baked them at 180C for 30mins, but the pastry still looks under-cooked, so I turn to the temp to 210C & bake another 20 mins. The cheese are a bit over-bake. Should have place the cheese inside the pastry.

I bake the 2nd tray for 40mins @ 210C. Still slightly over-bake I supposed.. cos the hotdog bloats up & it wrinkled up after it cool down. 

Maybe next time I should wrap the hotdogs with the pastry puffs instead of rolling the pastry on the hotdog

No comments: