milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Daryl's 8th Birthday

Happy 8th Birthday, Daryl! 

Yes, the nephew's & my birthday is just one day apart
So his breakfast is also meesuah. I also 'recycled' my talking speck for him to take picture with it

Since I had soupy meesuah the day before, the maid fried meesuah for me
After breakfast, sis get the birthday boy to pick some numbers =D
The I started my shift for "maid" duties
Asked the birthday boy to help clean up pool table since he has invited his friends over for a game or two. But,... the more he help, the busier I become
Thus, I asked him to back & remain as prince
I ended up clearing it by myself
Here's part of the dusts I accumulated 
All he does is put the balls out
And the mess in the living room, with Spiderman sleeping on the floor
Catered mini buffet from MeiHao99
Sis also bought additional donuts from Dunkin' Donuts
Don't ask me what's with this picture arh.. this is sis's lunch!
I decided to move the armchairs around to make space for the kids to play pool, and check out the amount of space available!
and yes.. your eyes are not playing trick on you. That's a life-size Spiderman beanie that weighs around 12 kg (according to Daryl)
Damien fooling around with his grandpa's magnifying glass =D 
Hungry boy munching on the food!
Kor's family the first to arrive
Nathan trying his hands on pool
Then the bigger boys, immediately hit the Play Station
While small boy plays with toys
All the boys lazying around playing game
BIL's brother came with his 2 girls & the younger boys decide to play with them

The kiddos then move to the pool table. And instead of hitting the balls into the pocket, they rolled the balls into it =D
We waited from 2 pm till 6 pm & still no sight of Daryl's friends. Not sure if the last min change of date Daryl made last week or the parents of the friends forgot or the parents just didn't want to bring the kids over! Anyway, since non of his friends turned up at 6 pm, we went ahead to cut the cake
Daryl very much wanted Spiderman from Breadtalk. Thus, when I called on Friday (12 Dec 14) enquiring if I can still place an order for Sunday (14 Dec 14), I was that the company is no longer producing Spiderman cake as it is Christmas season & they are only focusing on Christmas themed/ Logcakes. Asked why is the advert still on the company's website, the answer I get is "Oh, the website is slow in updating" 
Then why the heck is the advert still not taken down when the company has already stopped producing it way before?! Even as I typing this post, the advert is still on the website! What nonsense?! 

Anyway, fine! BreadTalk is not the only bakery around.

~~ Btw, I dropped a Facebook message to Breadtalk on Friday (12 Dec 14) & they responded today (17 Dec 14) mentioning that the cake will only be available again in end of Dec 14, and would like to send me something which I can use it to purchase (like voucher maybe?) from now till Mar'15
*updated on 17 Dec 14

~~ I must say, while I appreciate the service recovery rendered by Breadtalk, getting something back in return is not my intention of the feedback. Thus, I've already decline the offer; in case people thinks that I am out to ask for something in return of me feedback. 
*updated on 17 Dec 14


Sis went Swensen's & bought an ice cream cake which the kids totally enjoys it! No regrets on not having the Spiderman cake.Snap with yeyeThe cousinsContinue playing... Small boy & Spiderman =DSis's friends pop-by tooRyan making himself at home =DGreedy dog aiming at the food in sis's handThe presents

Swensen's
Bukit Panjang Plaza
1 Jelebu Road, #03-04,
Bukit Panjang Plaza
Tel: 6892 0319
Opening hours: 10.30 am - 10.30 pm

Mei Hao 99 Catering
Blk 15 Woodlands Loop #01-09
Woodlands East Industrial Estate 
Singapore 738322

Tel:6755 7993









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wonderful birthday party. I really liked these arrangements. Everyone must had a great time here. Last week went to my niece’s birthday party at one of LA event venues and was really happy to find elegant arrangements there. Enjoyed a lot there.