milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Monday 24 March 2014

Recipe: Bacon Cup

Just the other day, I saw a post on Facebook on Bacon Cup but I didn't really take note of it. Few days later, I decide to Google recipe for it but couldn't figure it what is the name of it, I just use Bacon Recipe for Breakfast & foung this Creative Meals Made in a Muffin Tin & I narrow it down to Bacon & Eggs Cup 

Dangz~~ I do not have bread at home & I find it a little plain, so I modify the recipe a little. Here's what I use

12 Strips of Streaky Bacon
4 Eggs
4 White Button Mushroom (Chopped)
1 Tbsp Bacon Bits (Optional)
A dash of Oregano & Pepper (Optional)

Method:

1. Grease the muffin tray with butter

2. Beat Eggs & mix White Button Mushroom together. I add in Bacon Bits to make it looks a little more colorful. A dash of pepper to taste

3. Fill the muffin tray with 2 slices of Bacon to form the cup

4. Four in the pre-mix egg & mushroom mix

5. Bake at 200C for 25 mins

Ding ~~ Done! Erm... ... a little too much of the egg mix, so it flows out of the bacon cup, but still yummy

The next day, I decided to make another version of the Bacon Cup since I bought bread! 

Ingredients I used this time:
1.5 Slices of bread
6 Strips of Streaky Bacon
12 Quail Eggs 
2 White Button Mushroom (Chopped)

Method:

1. Cut the bread & placed it at bottom of muffin tray (I do not have a proper round cutter, so I use scissors to cut the bread into quarter)

2. Toast the bread for 5 mins at 200C

3. Fill the muffin tray with 1 slice of bacon to form a cup when the bread is toasted. Since I'm using Quail Eggs, I reckon it will not be able to fill the bacon cup, so I add in some mushrooms

4. Crack the 2 Quail Eggs into the Bacon Cup. It's quite difficult cracking the Quail Eggs, so I switch to normal Eggs. 

5. Bake at 200C at 25 mins

Ding ~~ Ready to be served! Supposed to bring these to picnic but half was gone before we even head out! =D

My nephews prefer this version cos the egg yoke is visible =D

Which do you prefer? 


2 comments:

michelle said...

hey pauline, just what i was looking for! i thought of doing this and came across your recipe! thank you!

milkfrost said...

Hi Michelle,

Welcome. Hope you have fun doing this.