milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Friday 10 May 2013

Tanuki Raw

Recently I started to follow missuschewy – Singapore Lifestyle Blog & I happen to see a very interesting picture from her Instagram account! 

When I saw the picture, I was like "FWAH!! OYSTERS @ $1!!!!" So I pop her a few questions & she's nice to feed me with the information I needed to know, and guess where? It's Tanuki Raw @ Orchard Central.

I have not been updating myself on Happy Hour timings & offers ever since I started working at Jurong & I'm glad to find this treasure cos I'm a sucker for oysters! 

Mai tu liao (wait no more)! Quickly make plans to meet up with Angela, Ivy & JJ for Happy Hpur at Tanuki. Unfortunately, Ivy couldn't make it cos her business dinner changed to Wednesday instead of Thursday.

missuschewy warned me about the lack of service, so I did not bring any expectation with me =D

Indeed.. the "cool treatment" starts from the moment I'm at the door. Or rather, the main entrance where they put up the "Please wait to be seated" sign. The XL-sized me was standing next to the sign for close to 10 mins before someone attended to me! 



Honestly, I don't know how good they are, but it's probably the cheapest Oyster hour! Oysters are going for $1 each with every alcholic drink purchased. The best part of it is, you can order up to 12 oysters per alcholic drink! 


I was showed to the outdoor seating, but the lady (I reckon it's the manager) did not show me to the table. She just told me to sit at the back, so I just walked to the first available table. However, I decided to change to another table cos the one I'm siting has the risk of getting wet if it rains.

The "cool treatment" soon turned slightly "warm" when a cheerful girl serves us. We ordered 3 alcholic drink & the girl cheerfully asked if we would like to order any oysters & here's our real short replies:
Angela: 3
Girl: 3 only
Me: No, 3 dozens!
Her jaw immediately "dropped!" =D =D =D


Soon, our order of 3 dozens came, and I swear that other diners near us was looking at us with disbelieve!

We also ordered a Sashimi Platter of Chef's Choice

Here's our order for round 1! =D

The glam & unglam look of Angela

The tam jiak (greedy); satisfied & the yao kwee (hungry ghost) look of me! 

Jun Jun

We also order some snacks for sharing

Trio of Fries - Consists of Truffle Fries, Lotus Roots & Spam (Luncheon Meat)!

The cheerful girl recommended this to us. Can't remember what's the name of this, but it was something like Sea of Chicken or Chicken of the Sea. Pretty interesting taste with Salmon, & Chicken Floss on top of the sushi rice

Musubbi - Jujun commented "It's just luncheon meat with rice leh, but I like!" =D
I like it too... cos I'm also a sucker for luncheon meat!

The 3 Amigos - Fried Salmon Skin, Wasabi Octopus & Pickled Garlic

Another server came & asked if we would like anymore last order for Happy Hour. I hesitated for awhile & can't resist the temptation, I order another drink & 1 more dozen of oysters!

At this point of time, I asked the cheerful girl if there's any other diners who order as much as us, she replied "No, u girls ordered the most! Really!" 

I whack 11 out of 12 oysters this time round!

Oh, did I mention that I whack 16 oysters out of the 3 dozens just now? Yes! I whacked a total of 27 oysters out of 48.. and I whacked all these oysters within 30mins! I swear I can whack more if they do not have any limits cos this still has not broken my previous record of 36 oysters!

Junjun ordered another portion of Fried Salmon Skin to go with her Hoegarden while we continue to gossip! 

Oyster lovers, this is definitely a place you should come! 


Tanuki Raw
181 Orchard Road
#02-03 Orchard Central
Singapore 238896

11:30 AM - 10:30 PM daily
5 PM - 8 PM Happy Hour daily (No reservations, strictly walk-in)
Last order at 9:45 PM during the soft launch period

phone: +65 6636 5949
e-mail: tanuki@tanukibar.com
facebook.com/tanukibar
twitter.com/tanukiraw

No comments: