milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday 13 August 2013

Lunch @ Ambush

We were supposed to go for a morning walk at Botanic Gardens last Sunday but it was cancelled due to the heavy downpour. We end up having lunch at JEM. I wanted to try 鲜得来 but Ivy is not so keen as she has tried before, so we ended up at Ambush since both of us have yet to try it. 



Nice & cozy environment 

Simple table setting. Menu is like a piece of folded newsletter

While Ivy had Latte, I had Fizzy Peach drink which comes in the meal 
(Top up $5 for a drink & soup of the day)

Soup of the Day - Minestrone

Mini Sausage (Chicken Garlic & Chicken Cheese) Platter with Brown Sauce & Mustard $8.80 for sharing. Honestly, I couldn't taste any difference between the 2 sausages. It's either I'm beginning to accept cheese or the Chicken Cheese sausage has very little cheese in there =D

I Love Escagot with Garlic Herb Butter $8.50. This is very nicely done!

Ivy had Poulet Rosti $17.20 & commented that the chicken is not as tender as the one from Poulet but the taste is good.

I decided to be a little adventurous & opt for Scallop with Flying Fish Roe in Squid Ink $14.80  

Pasta is done al dente & the Flying Fish Roe adds crunchiness to the dish. Taste quite nice but I must say it's a little oily. Also, I actually requested for Fusilli since the pasta choice is up to your own preference, but I still got it served with Spaghetti.

Here's the aftermath of eating Squid Ink Pasta. This is only after the first mouhful! =D=D=D

After lunch, we went for ice-cream at Baskin Robins. I used to eat a scoop if it everyday when I'm working at McDonald's Serene Center way back in 1991 but they soon went out of business in Singapore. It then became a must-have every time I'm in Malaysia. Now I'm glad they're back in business in Singapore! 

While Ivy opt for a scope of Love Potion, I decide to give the Lava Cake a try. As the cake is sweet, I go for plain Vanilla Ice-Cream

Waited a while for the cake to be served & was a little disappointed that the lava didn't really flow out, but the taste is good with the cake soft & fluffy


Ambush
50 Jurong gateway road, 
JEM #04-13/14
Phone: 6694 0895

Baskin-Robbins JEM
50 Jurong Gateway,,
#02-06 Jurong East Mall,
Singapore 608549
Tel : 65-6734 8631
Fax: 65-6570 2731



No comments: