milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Thursday 8 August 2013

Au Chocolat, I'm back again!

Yes, I'm back again for dinner at Au Chocolate cos my feasting buddy dated me & my Evil Sisters for a feast on eve of Public Holiday. However, I was a little disappointed this time. Why? Read on to find out what happen.





Cute OO welcoming us at the main entrance

Wendy & Sam is already seated when we reach. See the big Loewe carrier bag? It's Sam's new love!

Wendy & Sam had Mango Magic $12 and Banana Boost $12 respectively

Theresa & Angeline had Taiwan Lychee Beer $12; it's refreshing & nice

While I had Hot Fudge $10; creamy & rich, thus must be consumed warm.

We ordered 2 finger food for sharing

Sweet Potato Fries $12; crunchy & sweet, served with mayo & BBQ sauce

Mushroom Bites $14; simmer in red wine sauce, served with tomato & olive jam, and slices of toast at the side. 


Foie Gras $5! Yes you eyes are not playing trick on you. They are currently having a promotion for Foie Gras and it's $5 each with every entree/pasta ordered. A little burnt on the outside, but can't complain cos it's only $5 

 Check out our table. This is just the beginning! =D

Evelyn, Angeline & myself had Boeuf Bourguignon $26; Beef, mushroom, onion, carrot simmer in veal stock & red wine sauce served with mashed potato & bread. It looks like a small pot of beef, but it's quite filling due to the mashed potato below. The beef is very tender & we polish it off (including the onions) in no time! 

Sam & Theresa opt for California Smoked Salmon Sandwich $20 & both of them were satisfied with their order. 

Wendy has Pacific Crab Cake $32 & she is equally satisfied with her order. I tried a small bite of it & I must say it's good. I'll probably order this on my next visit

We decided to order desserts after our meal as they have a promotion going on for Waffles (50% off the second Waffle purchased). However, here comes the disappointment! 

When I place order for Waffles (the reason why I'm here today!), I was told that the Waffles are only served at Au Chocolat Confiserie and it cannot be brought over to Au Chocolat Bistro! What?! It's not even stated on the website nor the Facebook page lor... ... So disappointed lah!


My Evil Sisters end up ordering the Cookies & Creme Brownie $5 & Kalamansi Meringue Tart $9 from the Au Chocolat Confiserie, which really makes me wonder why the cakes from Confiserie can be brought over to Bistro but not the Waffles! They are operating under the same company at the end of the day anyway! 

On a lighter note... ... behind every picture, there's always a funny photographer! 

A group pix before Evelyn goes pak-tor with the bf, Wayne

My angry face cos I didn't get to eat Waffles @_@

Another disappointment hits me! 

Remember the OO welcoming us at the main entrance? (**scroll up to see the picture of OO) It's free if your total bill is $200/ Pay $10 if your total bill is $100. Our bill comes up to be $345, so we were told that we can get 1 for free & pay $10 for another piece. However, the staff came back after awhile & told us that there is only left with 1 piece & offers to sell me the one on display. 

When I asked if she could get a new one from the retail, she told me the retail has NO MORE stock available. But when I walked over to the retail, there are lots & lots of new piece available (see picture below)! 

While I understand that the Bistro currently has no more new stocks available & waiting for new stocks to arrive, I'm again wondering... ... what's so difficult in taking the one on display at Bistro & swoop for a new piece from the retail?! 

Like I mention, they are after all operating under the same company name anyway! In the end, I only walked home with 1 free piece.

Their service standard is still good compared to the past 3 visits, but I personally feel they should be more flexible & could have done better when it comes to handling customer's request.

Although a little disappointed, I will still be back again for the good food.

Meanwhile, since I only brought home 1 piece, I decided to keep it for myself instead of giving it to my nephews cos I'm afraid both of them might "fight"

Sis wanted to place OO neext to Weezer's urn to keep her company, but it's too big to be beside her. Daryl saw & starts fooling around with OO the toy dog & Frostie the real dog! Somehow, we feel that OO & Frostie looks quite alike. You think so too? =D

Au Chocolat Pte Ltd. 
Bay Level L1-03, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands
Bistro +65 6688 7227
Confiserie +65 6688 7557

No comments: