milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Saturday 20 April 2013

Pickled Lettuce Appetizer

Early thins month, I went Lei Garden with The Girls for Sam's Birthday Celebration & the appetizer served caught my attention!

Thanks to Fiona, I was told that it's pickled lettuce (菜心) & XO sauce, so I came home & mix my own.

To make this, I bought Narcissus Brand Pickled Lettuce (菜心) & Lee Kum Kee Extra Spicy XO Sauce, and I began mixing it.

2 cans of Pickles Lettuce, drain the excess water in the can

Diced into cubes or smaller pieces 

6 spoonful of XO Sauce

Mix evenly; store in airtight container & keep chilled. 

Tested; although it doesn't taste exactly the same as what I had at Lei Garden, it taste quite good. It can be eaten on it's own, add into instant noodle or fried rice. 


No comments: