Finally done with the CNY goodies!
1. Seaweed Popiah
1.Spread the seaweed on the popiah skin with egg wash
2. Cut into small pieces & fry till golden brown
2. Baked Cod Fish Snack with Seaweed
Cod Fish Snack
1. Fold 4 strips of cod fish snack & wrap it with a piece of seaweed
2. Bake at 150* for 15mins
I also baked some without seaweed
3. Pineapple Tarts
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
75g Icing Sugar
Salted Egg Yoke (optional)
1. Mix flour & icing sugar together
2. Add butter, mix till resemble bread crumb
3. Add egg, vanilla essence, knead to a dough that will not stick to hand
4. Roll out & cut into circle
5. Wrap w/pineapple filling & glaze w/egg yolk
6. Bake at 180* for 20 mins
hmm... Somehow I stupidly used only 220g butter instead of 250g. In the end, the dough turns a little hard halfway thru. Thus, the dough breaks! The crust turns out a little like biscuit, but still taste quite good
I added Salted Egg Yoke cos I've been caving for the Taiwanese Pineapple Tarts. Sis used to by them from Taiwan when she is still flying with China Airlines.
4. Sugared Popiah
1. Roll the Popiah skin, seal with water/egg wash
2. Cut into pieces & fry till golden brown.
3. Sprinkle with icing sugar
5. Cornflakes Cup
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Tablespoon Honey
4 Cups Cornflake
Rainbow Sprinkles (Optional)
1. Mix Butter, Sugar & Honey in a saucepan & dissolve the sugar.
2. Add the melted mixture to Cornflakes & mix well; ensure all Cornflakes are coated
3. Scoop into small paper cups
4. Bake at 150*C for 12mins
6. Fried Crabsticks
1. Defrost, air/fan dry
2. Fried till golden brown
I've also previously finished a round of Love Letters (Egg Roll) but it's all gone already! Also wanted to bake Peanut Cookies, but do not have the time & energy to do due to my cough, sore throat & flu.
I hope next year I have the time/ energy to do more of each!