milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday 9 February 2022

Milkfrost Bakes | Air-fried Nian Gao

Le sister has been wanting to eat Fried Nian Gao but as it's towards the end of CNY period, everywhere is out of stock for nian gao
I went to a lot of places & finally found at Chinatown market but the nian gao was kind of moldy. The shop owner didn't want to sell it to me but eventually sold it to me at $5 (instead of $8 shown on the tag) after I assured him that I won't complain or make a big fuss of it since I'm just gonna fry it & not use it for offering to the deities. 
Instead of the traditional method of coating with batter  (cos I don't have a good recipe of good batter) & deep fry (lazy), I use the puff pastry instead.Cut the puff pastry, roll the nian gao in it & into the airfryer at 180* for 10 minsand there it goes!I also tried using popian skin.But boom ... overflow cos the popiah skin a bit too small 😅
I shall stick to using puff pastry or maybe frozen prata next time. Or if you have any good recipe of batter for deep frying, please share with me!

 

No comments: