milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday 18 June 2024

Milkfrost Handicraft | Patchwork Blanket & Pillow Case

My “not so little” little handicraft - a patchwork blanket. Not very nicely done but I think not bad for a 100% hand sew lah 🤪 .. see from far can lah, but zoom in 🙄 .. 😂

Actually I bought these cloths during CB in 2020, wanting to make masks but by the time the materials arrived, it’s time to get back to work and these have been chuck into a corner till 2022. 

Not knowing what to do with them cos by 2022, mask are no long mandatory except for healthcare and F&B… so I thought of cutting them up & make patchwork blanket

When I had the luxury of time to stay at home cos I’m on HPL in 2022, I finally cut the cloths into small pieces but, it took me 3 freaking hours to cut them into pieces! After cutting them, I lost the momentum again 😅

In 2023, I started working on it again, sewing the patchworks up with length & width to match my existing fleece blanket. Worked on it for a few days, lost the momentum & stopped for a few months again 😅

And finally the patchworks are ready to be sew onto my existing fleece blanket few weeks ago but I have no direction on how should I do it. And then I decided that I will just fold the blanket, sew along the existing thread 😂 … no brown color thread, just make do with black and now it’s finally done
Took me about 4 hours just to cut & sort the colors

Hand-sewing it cos no sewing machine & also returned the skill to teachers already.

Somehow along the way, the strips of patchworks gets shorter & shorter 😅

Strips of patchwork are not even starting from the 5th row onwards 😂
Put it on top of the existing blanket & decided to fold in the blanket cos the blanket is also not evenly sewed. Missing a piece of two along the way, else the design will look similar diagonally. 
Not enough of the secure pins, end up using paper clips to secure both the patchwork strips & blanket together
Sewing it using blank thread 😅
Tada~~ end product of my hand-sew patchwork blanket
Few weeks later, I decided to do a patchwork pillow case. Be'cos I have extra cloths leftover from my patchwork blanket; a bolster case that’s not in use & an extra pillow w/o a pillow case 😂
I cut the bolster case & sew on some cloths to make a patchwork piece
Using the patchwork piece on one side & bolster case on the other side
Tada~~ my new patchwork pillow case for my additional pillow!

This is definitely the most tedious handicraft I ever did but I'm glad I eventually managed to finish it & on top of that, an additional item. 

Maybe I can make these for sale next time when I'm older/ retired, but with bigger patches. *Wondering how much I can charge people on labor cost on top of materials? 😂
 

No comments: