milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Friday 5 May 2023

Milkfrost Handicraft | Crochet Rope Belt

Le sister sent me photo of a bathrobe with a message "ok, u can do one for me"! What?!?! I got a shock & almost fell off my seat but she contine .."oh, the belt will do. in black" 
I never did this before, but since she asked, I shall give it a try.Hmm.... not an easy task cos the yarn is orh-lu-lu (so black) I couldn't really see clearly & had to redo many times. Also trying out a new crochet stitch but failed 😅So back to the basic double crochet. Took me almost 4 hrs just to get a small portion being done but it's very bumpy at the side.Wanted to redo but sis say's it's ok cos no one will probably notice it since it's "orh-lu-lu" (very black) like what I mentioned.So, ok lah.. continue to do 😅It took me like 5 days (abt 2 hrs each day) to complete this rope belt for her. Honestly, it's quite badly done with the sides all bumpy & a lot of missing/ additional stitches here & there.But it serves the purpose of being able to tie, so sis says it's acceptable 😂 .. maybe I should try to do a new but with ash black or a shade lower than black (if available).

 

No comments: