milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Sunday 14 January 2024

Piedra Negra | Mitchie's 50th Birthday

Yeah... ... Mitchie is coming back for holiday & at the same time celebrates his 50th Birthday! 🥳
Of cos I had to attend! And just as I was looking forward to it ... ... 

One month before the party date, we were messaging each other on FB messenger & realized that the date of event was different! What I see on the invitation was 14/01/24, 10am but what he see on the invitation was 13/01/24, 6pm! It was after a while then we realized that there is a time difference cos he did not change the time zone. He set the event when he was in US & Singapore is 8hrs ahead!

Dang! I already bought Mayday concert ticket for 13/01/24 cos I remembered I checked Mitchie's event date again before confirming with JJ to go ahead with buying the tickets! Now I'm stuck between Mayday concert & Mitchie's 50th party!

Mitchie suggested that I go to the concert & join the party later but having been to Mayday concert before, I know the concert will end around 11pm. Also, getting out of Stadium is a headache & the earliest I can get to the party will be 12am. By then, probably half the people at the party would have left. 

After much consideration, I decided to sell away my concert ticket cos the time spent attending Mitchie's 50th Birthday party & taking this chance to catch up with my McFamily will be a lot more valuable than going to the concert, as Mitchie's last return was 5 years ago & I won't know if he will return again in the future vs Mayday concert, which might happen again probably in 2-3 years time. 

Meanwhile, I'm super grateful for JJ is able to help me search for someone who is willing to take over my Mayday ticket at full cost + admin fee 🙏
Cos I remembered there wasn't any cake the last time he celebrated his 45th, I ordered a Chocolate tart from Wunderfulks for his 50th!
I also bought him some local snacks & an Ultraman nano brickEvent was at Piedra Negro, the same place as 5 years ago
First 2 to arrive. So early even the host is not here yet 😆
Host for tonight, Mitchie & Keith
Birthday boy popping the first bottle of Moet & serving the first glass to his most important guest (ME!) of the night 😍
Wah... oysters! Mostly finger food & pizza cos it's best go with drinks! Party animals will know 😂

The rest of post is just gonna be photos after photos, no captions needed 😛

A toast to the Jude, who left us 2 years ago
Heehee... Thanks to those who volunteered to contribute to the chocolate tart
Happy 50th Birthday, Mitchie 😍His familyDunno who showed me this photo & ask me to mimick it! 😂Hello Suwandi! I can't even recall that I interviewed him when I was in Subway 😁

Hi Desline! I actually know her way before I know Mitchie & the rest of the Bugis Junction gang! Worked with her when we open Singapore Polytechnic in 1993 while I only the rest of the people when we open Bugis Junction in 1995 & the rest from AMK along the way

Cos I promised Michelle that I'll only keep to 1 type of drink tonight in case I vomit in the cab & she can't handle me cos she has Jude jr in tow.
They passed me few plastic bags in case I vomit in the cab 😅
Ok, safe! Didn't vomit in the cab & got home safely without having Michelle to bring me up! 😁 but I ended up vomiting outside the door. Luckily got plastic bag in my bag. Else I have to was the corridor 😂 
Although tonight's attendance was not as great at 5 years ago, the people who turned up tonight are some of the best people I've met. Thanks Mitchie for having us at your 50th party!

 

No comments: