milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Sunday 7 January 2024

Milkfrost Shops | Ooppa Optical - Presbyopia Glasses

Finally collected my Presbyopia Glasses that was being delivered to Midas's place on 31/12/23. 
Went JB on my birthday on 13/12/23 and we went to prescribe presbyopia glasses with progressive lens at Ooppa Optical (City Square Mall) cos yes, it's a relatively cheaper due to the exchange rate.Thus, I got myself 2 pairs!They also throw in an extra casing & the screwdriver & extra nose pad if in any case that there is a need to replace the nose padFirst pair is from (0 to +1.75)Metal frame with Hoya lensReason for (0 to +1.75) power is due to me wearing contact lens due to short sightedness. Cos with contact lens, I can see things that's far but not near. With this, I can see both far & near. Thus, this pair is mainly for work or when I'm reading food menu when I'm outSecond pair of from (-3.75 to +1.75)Plastic frame & Hoya lensReason for (-3.75 to +1.75) is also due to short sightedness. As I don't wear contact lens at home, I can see what's near but can't see what's far! Thus, with this pair, i can see both far & near. No need to keep removing my home glasses to see things that's near & put on when I wanna see anything that's far.
2nd pair of lens is at 50% off (same power), but the guys at Ooppa kindly extend the offer to me even though my 2pair was of different power due to my special case. They're also having a promotion of one-for-one on frames.

I can't really remember the breakdown of the cost, but I paid $504 for 2 pairs of presbyopia glasses with Hoya progressive lens + 4 boxes (15 days/ box) of daily disposable colored lens while I paid S$398 for 1 pair of presbyopia glasses with normal progressive lens in 2022 at Owndays
As Carol also prescribed 2 pairs & got it delivered to Midas's place, I also pick it up for her at the same time.

 

No comments: