milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Thursday 19 September 2024

Jurong Lake Gardens, Lights by the Lake | Metime

Exploring Jurong today cos there seemed to be an uplift at Chinese & Japanese Garden lately. I also wanted to check out the Lanterns display at Jurong Lake Gardens. 
Grabbed a drink at Starbucks before starting my journey 
Cute little butterflies 🦋 on the light bulbs along the way 

Quite a view actually. A lot of elderly couples enjoying the breeze here

I was thinking how is it that this lantern looks familiar, then I noticed its a scene of 哪吒大闹东海!
The 虾兵蟹将 cool leh 
哪吒

东海龙宫
东海龙王 looks quite majestic lah 
Scene from 白蛇传
嫦娥奔月
Finally reached Chinese Garden. I last visited was probably 4 decades ago

The Twin Pagoda
This pavilion is new I reckon. A pavilion where you can sit, relax & watch some lotus
More lanterns along the way
Pagoda Pavilion Bonsai Garden
Onwards to the Japanese Garden
Took me quite a while to find the Sunken Garden
Rest my feet at Ice Cream Man & Friends while waiting for the night lights. Waffle was done the way I like. Crispy on the outside, fluffy inside 

Hmm… 不过如此
Bamboo Forest
Waterfall within Bamboo Forest 
Back to Pagoda Pavilion for the light show but missed the 8pm show, so shall walk around & come back later for 8.30pm show.
And walking my way back to where I started earlier
Did my part (a little) for President’s Charity 2024 by donating $10
Very bright moon. 
Took me quite a couple of hours just to check out these lanterns 😅 
On my way back, I went to search for this photo of me & my siblings taken 4 decades ago in some Chinese costumes  … 原来Cosplay以前就流行了 😂

 

No comments: