milkfrost's world

The brand new virtual world of Milkfrost - formally (milkfrost.multiply.com)

The reason why this blog is created is because Multiply.com is shutting down & all posts will be removed. Some posts here are back-dated from Aug 2004 - Aug 2012! I'm just doing a screen-shot & re-posting slowly cos it ain't easy to import every single photo. Therefore, only thumbnails are available for viewing, which also explains the white background & the little note at the end.

Nuffnang Ads

Wednesday 18 January 2023

Leather Atrium | Luxury Bar Repair

I have been passing by this shop at Bishan Junction 8 for the longest time due to my monthly eyelash appointment. Thus, I decided to send in 2 of my Louis Vuitton for restoration.
The famous Neverful 😀This used to my everyday bag for about 6 years or more till the main strap broke. Then I chuck the bag under the bed for probably 5 years or more till part of the canvas crack. Apart from the main strap, all the trimmings are also torn.Internal is super dirty tooTook Leather Atrium about 3.5 months for the restoration to be complete. They did a couple of chemical wash but due to the condition was very bad when I sent in, they could not guarantee that the bag will be as good as new.  All trimmings are replaced & looks as good as new.Expect this part here where the canvas has already cracked before I send in.The other bag I sent in was Samur30, whi8ich was bought more than a decade ago, then again, chuck under the bed for many yearsSuper dry leather strap. So dry it might snap anytime!Broken leather for buckleTorn trimmingsAnd ... ... part of canvas with trimming gone due to dog bite! 😂3.5 months later!💖 I totally fall in love with this once again!Needless to say, all the strap, buckle & trimmings are as good as new. The best is ... ...The part that was bitten off by dog. Can you make it out that part of the canvas has been bitten off?! I'm amazed!Both bags actually meet (or rather, exceed) my expectation, especially Samur30!
Honestly, apart from the strap & trimming, the rest of the bag/ canvas is still most good condition. Except for Neverful, which has a small crack. It was be a waste if I were to throw it away. 

Thus, I send them in for restoration & now I have 2 "new" bags to use. The other reason why I send it my bags for restoration is cause Samur is no longer in production!
Leather Atrium definitely did a good job in restoring my bags & now I'm thinking which bag should I send in for restoration. 


 

No comments: