Cuisine: Hong Kong style
Dish of the day: Roast Pork + Roast Pig; Braise Duck feet; Fried Glutinous Rice + Steam Bamboo Clam; Egg Tart
Quite a few hiccups:
1. Induction cooker (Bryan totally freaked out cos he has never cooked using induction cooker before!);
2. Roast Pork caught fire;
3. Roast Pig unable to roast & when put to oven, it wasn't grilled cos someone set it to "off"
4. Timing over-run & things in quite a mess! None of the dish is done when the judges arrived at 4pm!
Bryan was quite pissed & frustrated, but he still went on to get everything done!
Verdict of the food:
1. Roast pork - alhough caught fire & become super burnt, the taste is still good, and the texture is good too!
2. Roast Pig - taste good, but skin very chewy
3. Braise Duck Feet - very nice!
4. Fried Glutinous Rice - A little hard, but taste is nice
5. Bamboo Clam - very nice!
6. Egg Tart - crust taste like biscuits, but custard too sweet
Sigh... ... Unfortunately, we didn't win lah =(
But we had so much fun working with Bryan, and it was a good experience! I hope he had fun working with us too! *according to him, of all the 13 episodes, we're the nosiest & fun family to work with!
This is the original piece of roast pork done by Bryan Wong before it gets burnt! (picture source from Bryan Wong's fb page)
**screenshots grabbed from milkfrost.multiply.com